From
Becca's Shelves...
Top
Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke &
The Bookish.
This week's topic is Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their
Sophomore Novel/Top Ten Sophomore Novels That I Loved Just As Much If Not More
As The Author's Debut, which
I'm kind of going to cheat on, because sometimes TTT's are hard. I'm just going
half-sies and doing five of both, because I can and it seemed like more fun to
my sleep-deprived brain!
Five
Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel...
Courtney
Alameda (PITCH DARK) - Alright, so basically, Courtney is the bomb dot
com, and her debut book, Shutter? Well, it basically blew me away. I'm dying to
get my hands on Pitch Dark. I know she has put so much work into making PD the
best book it can be, and I cannot wait to see what she has come up with!!!
Joy N. Hensley - I
actually haven't heard about an official sophomore novel from Joy
Hensley.....yet, but I hope there's news soon, because Rites of Passage was
such a great, empowering novel. SO. GOOD.
Stacey Lee (OUTRUN THE MOON) - Under A
Painted Sky was definitely a top five favorite of mine this year, which is
pretty high praise, because there have been so, so, so many great books this
year. Knowing my end of the year survey is coming up scares me, but I, for
sure, know UaPS will be on there! I'm ecstatic to read Outrun the Moon. It
sounds fantastic!
Natalie C. Parker (BEHOLD THE BONES) - Natalie is
such a sweetheart, and Beware the Wild was one of the most unique, gripping
novels I've ever read. I'm so curious to see how the spin-off novel plays out
that I can hardly contain my excitement!
Nicola Yoon - Everything,
Everything is everything, everything, and I know Nicola's sophomore novel will
be phenomenal, phenomenal.
Five Sophomore
Novels That I Loved Just As Much If Not More As The Author's Debut...
The Start of Me and You by
Emery Lord - because duh. Every one of Bec's TTT's has to
include Emery, my homegirl. Without a doubt, one of my top favorite books of
ALL TIME. I need a reread sooooon, and if you haven't read either of Emery
Lord's books, well, you need to get on that so we can flail about them together.
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - Oh
man. Second Chance Summer broke my heart, and put it back together again in
ways that Amy & Roger didn't. Such a beautiful book. The story and
characters have a very special place in my heart. Very well done, Morgan.
Dumplin' by Julie Murphy - I
simply did not like Side Effects May Very. The MC drove me absolutely insane
because she was such a butt, but Dumplin' was nothing like that whatsoever.
Dumplin' resonated with me on such a deep level. Fabulous sophomore novel that
I'm glad I didn't pass on because I didn't like her debut.
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios - This
book also broke my heart. Heather Demetrios is a heart-breaker, but at least,
she writes it so incredibly well. *applause*
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo - I
know I'm technically kind of cheating on this one, but I count it as a
sophomore novel because it's not in Leigh's debut series, and I ADORED THIS
BOOK. EVERYONE NEEDS THIS BOOK. I LOVED IT SO SO SO SO SO MUCH MORE THAN SHADOW
& BONE AND ANDYE WAS SO RIGHT ABOUT IT.
So tell me: which debut authors are you dying for more from?
What Sophomore novels have you loved just as much, if not more than that same
author's debut? Do any of yours match up with mine?




Comments
Post a Comment
Leave us a comment. Commenting people are our favorites! And we like to give things to favorites :)