How to Train Your Dragon Movie Review

How to Train Your Dragon Book 1We just went  to see How to Train Your Dragon.  I know, we review books, not movies....but this came from the book How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell, so we're talking about it!

Set in the mythical world of burly Vikings and wild dragons, and based on the book by Cressida Cowell, the action comedy tells the story of Hiccup, a Viking teenager who doesn’t exactly fit in with his tribe’s longstanding tradition of heroic dragon slayers. Hiccup’s world is turned upside down when he encounters a dragon that challenges he and his fellow Vikings to see the world from an entirely different point of view. --© Dreamworks

We really enjoyed this movie.  It was funny, exciting, and visually stunning!  The animation is different than any I've seen before, and I really loved Hiccup and Toothless.  I actually almost cried at one point, and that never happens in an animated movie!  So far it's gotten a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes which is unheard of!  I'd personally put it a few rungs below Shrek and Toy Story.

It was pretty clean for the kiddos, with a couple of "Thor Almighty" and "By Odin" references and I think one Hell.  And one hilarious joke about a breast plate that I cracked up at and my kids looked at me with confusion.  There were a couple of scary moments, but I didn't think they were too heavy.  My kids (9 and 8) weren't scared!

Go see it and tell me what you thought!

Comments

Popular Posts