How 21 of Your Favorite YA Authors are Spending Their Easter Day!


In honor of Easter Sunday, I asked some of your favorite YA authors these questions:


Do you celebrate Easter?  How will you spend your Easter Day?

Here were their answers:

Kiersten White
author of upcoming Paranormalcy
I do! We will hide some little things for the kids to find, then go to family Easter Egg hunt. We also go to church.






Ellen Hopkins
FalloutAuthor of the Crank series, and upcoming Fallout.
Yes, we celebrate Easter. Church first (I sing in the choir. Love Easter music.) Then a very nice champagne brunch.  Then (if we haven't had too much champagne!), we'll probably go see Alice in Wonderland.




The Iron King (Harlequin Teen)Julie Kagawa
Author of newly released The Iron King
Ah. Well, my family is coming over, and we're having a grill-out with ribs and such, and then we'll probably watch a movie. No grandkids or nieces/nephews to speak of, so our Easter is pretty quiet and relaxing. We just hang out and have a meal.


Skinned
Robin Wasserman
Author of the Skinned series
I celebrate Passover (although sort of skipped it this year ---shh, don't tell). Will be spending Passover unpacking & working.


Shadow HillsAnastasia Hopcus
Author of Shadow Hills
I'm going to go to a BBQ/Easter egg hunt with my boyfriend---it's at his aunt's house. Hopefully, I'll get some candy!


Beautiful Creatures
Margaret Stohl
Author of Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness
I'm taking 14 and 8 year olds to a friends backyard Easter Egg hunt while hub takes 16 year old to the airport to visit bff in Italy.


The Lonely Hearts ClubElizabeth Eulberg
Author of The Lonely Hearts Club
My family's in Wisconsin, so I plan on celebrating tomorrow by taking the entire day off to relax and not work! Happy Easter!


Eighth Grade Bites (Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, Book 1)
Heather Brewer
Author of The Vladimir Tod series
The family and I will spend Easter/Ostara devouring the heads of bunnies! (chocolate ones)



Faery Rebels: Spell HunterR.J. Anderson
Author of Faery Rebels and upcoming Wayfarer
I do celebrate Easter! We'll be going to church as a family and then to my in-laws' for dinner and an egg hunt for the kids.


Sea
Heidi R. Kling
Author of upcoming Sea
I do! We're dying eggs today (I bought a tie-dye kit) w/ good friends, tomorrow find hidden baskets/brunch/egg hunt/supper. :)


Myra McEntire
Author of upcoming Hourglass
I do! We'll go to church for worship and come home to eat lots of goodies! (And then scope out 1/2 price Easter candy Monday!)


Georgia McBride
Author of Praefatio series which we are anxiously awaiting the release of!!!
With family, reveling in goodies from Easter Bunny! Thanks for thinking of me.  xoxo


TantalizeCynthia Leitich Smith
Author of Tantalize and Eternal
I'll color eggs & eat gyros. I'll also try to finish my 1st sweep through line edits for Blessed. It's a deadline holiday weekend!


Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely (Quality))


Melissa Marr
Author of the Wicked Lovely series
I'm a pagan. We celebrate the Spring/Equinox, but not on the Christian holiday. :)




Beautiful CreaturesKami Garcia
Author of Beautiful Creatures and upcoming Beautiful Darkness
We're going to the grandparents in the morning. Then we're going to a party for a big Easter egg hunt.


The Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, Book 1)
Cassandra Clare
Author of The Mortal Instruments series and upcoming The Infernal Devices series
I'm Jewish.  Since I'm traveling, no [celebrating Passover], not this year.


Hourglass (Evernight)Claudia Gray
Author of the Evernight series
This year, I am hanging out with my friend Ruth, who is visiting from Ireland!


The Masquerade (Becoming Beka Series, Book 1)Sarah Sumpolec
Author of the Becoming Beka series
Church and running our church's cafe to greet the visitors as a family, then a quiet day at home with our great kids. :-)


The Body FinderKimberly Derting
Author of The Body Finder (which I'm reviewing on Wednesday!)
Got up early to check Easter baskets, hunt for eggs, and taking the entire day off to eat candy, watch movies, and hang w/kids!


SpellsAprilynne Pike
Author of Wings and upcoming Spells
Coloring eggs and feeding about 40 family members! Ham, cheesy potatoes, and birthday cake! And tonight, German board games.:D


Darklight (Wondrous Strange)Lesley Livingston
Author of the Wondrous Strange series
Hi RT! I mostly celebrate Easter as a return to Spring and, thusly, spent the day working in the garden. Now everything hurts.




And!  Because I know you all want to know!  For Easter, I'll be hanging out, eating KFC and playing Dodgeball with the coolest church in NOVA!  J10 Church


Also, in keeping with the Easter theme!  Check out the new book and movie Letters to God.


Letters to God: From the Major Motion PictureInspired by the major motion picture Letters to God, this novel is for readers eager to read more of this inspiring story. Tyler, a nine-year-old boy, is stricken with incurable brain cancer and begins to write letters to God. He turns his suffering into spiritual lessons for his widowed mother, his embittered adolescent brother, and a troubled postman. This story of hope will help readers from all walks work toward greater understanding of God's presence and care.


Check out the preview to the upcoming movie, inspired by a true story, Letters To God.



The Letters to God website http://www.letterstogodthemovie.com/hp

Comments

  1. Wow this great! Lots of my favorite authors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea - I loved reading all these! I celebrated by going to church and then forgetting all about my Easter bunny duties (until son reminded me, of course). Then we had a fun Easter egg hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My church is offering a prescreening for Letters to God and I couldn't even get through the previews without my eyes tearing up! Can't wait to see it! =) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! You've got a terrific site. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to see this movie "Letters to God" Hope you had a wonderful Easter this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment. Commenting people are our favorites! And we like to give things to favorites :)

Popular Posts