Read-a-Thon hour 5 #readathon

My Linus's Blanket mini-challenge is at the end of this post!

Hex Hall (Book 1)
Title of book(s) read since last update: Still Reading Hex Hall
Number of books read since you started: 1
Pages read since last update: 137
Running total of pages read since you started: 323
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1 1/2 hours
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 4 hours
Mini-challenges completed: 3 (plus the ones on the readathon page)
Other participants you’ve visited: A Literary Odyssey, Luvvie's Musings, Reading in Texas , Bekah's Bytes, It's Just Me
Prize you’ve won: zip-ola



12:00 mini-challenge (mine is next!!!) is from Linus's Blanket

The challenge:
So over the next few hours let me know if you happen across any passages of food in your reading or you can also flip through some of the books in your Read-A-Thon stack(s) and find me a passage where the characters describe what they are eating or when they are actually eating – write up a post with the book, author, your selected passage and a picture of one the dishes- leave a link to that specific post on MckLinky and that’s it.  You’ve got an entry!  


Hex Hall
by Rachel Hawkins
pg. 104


Jenna lowered the bag, a smear of blood on her chin.  "Midnight snack.  I....I figured you wouldn't be back for a while," she said softly.  The red slowly faded from her eyes......
"Don't worry about it," I said.  "Hey, werewolves gotta drool, vampires gotta eat..."
She laughed before picking up the blood bag and shyly asking, "Do you mind if I..."
My stomach clenched again, but I made myself smile and siad, "Knock yourself out."



Comments

  1. Ewwww.. I gotta read this one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! You're doing a great job. 300+ pages read is awesome! I hope you're having fun with your current book. Good luck!

    By the way, your mini-challenge entry is a WINNER. *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like books
    I really do.
    Books with stories
    And pictures, too. (author unknown)

    Enjoy all the people you meet and places you go today.

    That's quite an excerpt by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini-challenge entry cracked me up!

    Readathon! Readathon! Rah rah rah!
    Readathon! Readathon! Rah rah rah!
    Readers got the books
    I’ve got a cheer
    You get to read all day
    I know you’ll persevere
    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That book has been making the rounds latley. Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment. Commenting people are our favorites! And we like to give things to favorites :)

Popular Posts